Wild Words . . . Photos & Fine Art

Co-creating by heart with sandy cathcart through writers helps and art info, focusing on all things wild.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Wow! This courage stuff is harder than I thought. I'm falling through thin air here.

I’ve spent two days praying about what to share with you about where and how to get courage, and I’ve struggled with getting enough of it for myself to keep on writing.

I’m at a wall in the writing of my book right now. Just smacked it right on! Then panic hits and I wonder if I will ever get through to the other side. I was in such a groove, then life happened. Now, I’m determined to get the groove back.

So, today, I stopped, emptied my schedule, skipped art class, and am seeking God. In doing so, I’ve returned to the following prayer:

God to give me enough financially that I'm not always on the verge of tears about it.
God to give me enough encouragement with my book to keep me writing.
God to give me the strength to carry on in what He has called me to do.
God to give me wisdom to know which way He is leading me.
God to give me good health to be able to keep on keeping on.
God to help me realize joy in spite of circumstances.
God to help me rest in Him.
to focus on the good.
to focus on Him.

So, if you’re stuck like me, this might be a good prayer for you too! And while you’re at it, pray for me to have encouraging words for you tomorrow.

And what about your schedule? When’s the last time you emptied it and made an appointment with your Creator?

4 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger kc said...

Wow, Sandy. What a great prayer! I think I'll adopt it as well. We all need a fresh wind now and then.

God bless,
Karri

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Sandy Cathcart said...

Thanks Karri! It's good to know we're in this together. Or....is that like misery loves company? Nah!

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

022206 Love that prayer. I am inspired to take a creative day with the Creator. Elle Bea

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Sandy Cathcart said...

So, Cool, Elle Bea. It sure made a difference for me. May it do the same for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home