Wild Words . . . Photos & Fine Art

Co-creating by heart with sandy cathcart through writers helps and art info, focusing on all things wild.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Patience

The English language is constantly in flux, but one word that never seems to lose its meaning or its dread is “patience.”

My editor called me this morning and told me he coveted my “patience.”

Ugh!

That means more waiting.

And more waiting.

Waiting.

I’ve heard it said often, and I bet you have too, that we should never pray for patience.

???

And it’s almost always followed up with, “Because, you’ll get it.”

???

Really?

Should we be afraid to ask God for patience?

Yet, I sit here afraid to do just that.

Ugh.

Lord, help me here . . .
It’s about much more than patience. Help me to know that you are not a hard task master. Help me to see above the visible and understand that I am part of YOUR story.

God’s vision for me is much bigger than what I see for myself.

Quick isn’t always quality. We all know that.

So, why do we want to rush on? I see a goal that I want NOW! My novel published and being read by eager readers! Yeah!

BUT . . .

If my novel had been published two years ago when I first thought it was ready, I would have missed out on so much, because my novel is much richer and deeper than it was back then. And I suspect the timing of its release will be perfect . . .

. . . Even if I’m not alive . . .

At this rate it may all be post mortem. But so what? Sooooo, I’d kinda like to have a few kudos, maybe? Ugh. I thought I was over that.

I’d like to actually hold the book in my hand. Hmmmmm.

I’d like to have some money to pay the bills. Another big Hmmmmmm.

Patience.

Yes. I need it, and I’m asking for it. And I’m applying it with my agent. It’s not about his timing after all, it’s God’s. And I can trust God to let me know when it’s time to move on. For now, I’ll keep writing and waiting . . . waiting on God . . . not man, because God is faithful, even when I am faithless, and He has promised to provide for my needs and to do far above what I can even imagine.

Patience.

His burden is not heavy, and He is faithful.

4 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great stuff
I learn alot from your blogs
they give me good idea's

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Sandy Cathcart said...

Anonymous,

Glad you are writing! That's awesome!

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! Patience is near and dear to my heart. I'm learning that God's timing is best...all the time.

My mom mentioned your blog and I'm glad I checked it out.

Michelle Johnson
www.homeschoolblogger.com/lovinliberia/

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Sandy Cathcart said...

Michelle,

Welcome to Wild Words! It's nice to have you here. You are so right! God's timing is always best. I just need lots of reminders of that.

Hey! Check out some of the exercises below. If you do the Creative Fun Exericise and come up with a good story, feel free to send it to me e-mail. By "good," I mean a story you would be willing to share. I'm planning to start sharing some of my blogger friend's story in the near future. It will be fun to see what we each come up with, and it keeps you writing, which is always a good thing.

Enjoy the Son!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home